Thursday, May 24, 2012

The schedules are getting to me.

I have 4 kids, 2 of whom are in baseball and one in travel softball. I feel bad that I don't make it to nearly enough of my oldest sons games, guilt that is lessened a bit by the fact that I seem to be his bad luck charm. If I go to the game he is bound to make errors and strike out, if I go to the bathroom or concession stand while he is batting, solid double or triple every time. The scheduling is also usually overlapping with the other kids games. Thankfully my parents haven't missed but a couple of his games.
Right now my husband is helping coach my younger sons team, so if he and my daughter play at the same time, for one of us to be at each of their games, he gets his and I get hers. So I haven't been to many of wesleys games either.
Add in the mix that we also have a 3 yr old, so she is usually stuck coming with me, daddy can't coach and watch her, and as luck would have it, most of the fields trin plays on are on the opposite end of the complex from the playground, if there is one. I'm lucky to even see her bat.
Most nights we have to leave for something before 5, don't get home til around 8, end up having dinner then, and by that point I'm almost too wiped to cook. I'm embarrassed to say that due to this, right now we are just about out of clean dishes.

I do get a break in the morning when the little one is at preschool, but unfortunately, I am more likely to be catching up on sleep vs. cleaning the house. I don't know what I'm going to do come summer break,.except maybe start feeding them dinner at 3pm to avoid having to keep going.til 10pm.
I so miss the days when I had the energy to work 2 jobs, getting up at 8 to get the kids ready for daycare, waitressing one job from 10-5, picking up kids, getting them home, and bartending elsewhere til 3 or 4 am, depending how long it took to do my closing work. (This was not 7 days a week, I did still see the kids, but I still had energy on the days I was off.) I already suffered chronic migraines at this point, but nowhere near the severity they are now. I would give anything for half the energy I had then.
My younger son wants to try out for July all star travel. It will be almost 7 days a week for a month. I really want him to have the opportunity...I'm just not sure I can handle it.
I'm due to go to the rheumatologist again, there have been questions as to whther I have fibromyalgia on top of the migraines, if there is an underlying autoimmune, or some other mystery ailment. I'm hoping there is at least something they can do for the fatigue.
At least there are no tournaments this weekend. Only a game or two. I may spend all day Sunday and Monday in bed. How do you deal with fatigue on top of a schedule like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment