Friday, May 18, 2012

Time for a crazy weekend

Please please please let my head cooperate. My whole body for that matter. Things have been crazy with the kids sports and other extracurriculars since Tuesday, and that's not even counting my oldest son' s baseball, who had a game every day from Monday thru tomorrow.(Saturday) My parents attend his games, as he considers me a bad luck charm, if I'm at the game he strikes out and makes errors, when I'm not he hits triples and makes Sports Center quality plays.

Tuesday my younger son was home sick, but my husband coaches so he had to be at the game anyways. Wednesday my daughter had a softball game, she is on a travel team, buy thankfully it was a home game, so I was at that with my younger daughter who is 3. I am thankful every day that she is incredibly well behaved, besides being used to a minimum of 4 days a week at baseball, softball, or depending on the season, cheerleading and basketball, since she started on that schedule from birth. My younger son had another game, so my husband was with my son at that. Thankfully my older sons game finished about the same time, so my mom was able to bring them to the field I was at. My mom is usually my backup but with AJs schedule this week, things were tricky.
Thursday was a field trip for my younger son, so that meant a sack lunch needed to be made. Some of you may be shaking your head at why that is difficult, but I usually hit my highest pain level around 6am, and I had interrupted sleep to aggravate things. In the morning making breakfast, waking up the kids, and the extra work of the sack lunch is to me the equivalent of preparing a gourmet 4 course meal for anyone else. My husband started a new job, and I had to get him to a 530 am train, getting back up to get the kids up was agony. The weather has been up and down so I've been in bad shape.  Once school was out, we had to finish a big project for my younger son. Wesley has been having some stomach issues, lots of pain and vomiting, and lots of missed school. The project was late, his teacher was mad, and as soon as we were finished it was time to take Trin to softball again. She has to get there early for warm ups, thankfully my husband made dinner for the other kids while I dropped her off, since as soon as I got back, I had to run back out to take her catchers gear, she doesn't usually bring it as she hasn't caught since last fall. Then it was back to pick up the rest of the family to get there for the start of the game. Fortunately the 10/10 migraine I had most of the day had let up. I was happy I had made it out, since she went in to pitch in the 4 th inning, faced only 3 batters and had 2 strikouts and a ground out. The 5th and 6 th inning were also scoreless. She had a little rougher start in the 7th, and came out, but in all only gave up 1 run, but unfortunately the win went to the pitcher who came in after her.
Today was another special event day at Wed' school, so another sack lunch, another early morning ride to the train. Today I had to give in and have my mom drive him to school, thank God she only lives a couple blocks away. After he got home he needed to get ready for his travel baseball game. (He plays an in house league, but they have a sort of all star travel team for some of the kids before they hit the 11u level that does a full travel season) thanfully it was a home game, although he will have one that is nearly an hour away in a few weeks.
And this has been the easy part of the week. Tomorrow my oldest has away games, so I don't have my mom for backup. Trinity has a softball tournament, so a game at 9am, meaning she leaves the house by 730, her coach is picking her up for me, the coaches and other parents are very understanding of my health situation, one of the dads is actually a firefighter/paramedics and has taken me in by ambulance before for migraine and BP spike, so they get the seriousness of it. That game is immediately followed by one at 11. This is an away tourney, but only about 25 minutes, which is good since the husband and younger son have to be back at the field by our house at 1115 for his 12pm game. After that I will he picking them up for a possible 3pm tournament game for trinity, if they win their pool of 3 teams they don't play at 3, but we have faced those teams before, chances are great they will play at 3.
We don't know yet what her game schedule is for Sunday, but AJ(Oldest son)  thankfully has nothing, so is an.extra driver if I'm in bad shape, and since Wed has tryouts for a tournament travel team for July late Sunday afternoon.(my guess, same time as the softball game)
So please please please let me make it thru this weekend without seriously collapsing mid game.

Oh, and by the way I get to be pretty much in charge of the 3 yr old the entire time. Note to self: bring lots of money for concessions, I will need it to keep her occupied.

Thankfully Ryleigh, the 3 yr old started preschool recently, so provided the weekend doesn't kill me, I will be able to at least take a nap Monday morning.

Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly thankful to have my 4 kids. I just wish that they didn't have to be disappointed when I'm too sick to make all their games, or when all their games feels to me like running back to back to back marathons, while other parents actually feel like its a relaxing time.

Oh well, at least if I collapse there should be a paramedics there.

No comments:

Post a Comment