Saturday, May 26, 2012

Back to Reality

I think I've been having a silent migraine the last day or so. I've been asleep the better part of the last 30 hours, minus a couple quick trips to the store since we were out of bread, milk, and my daughter needed a ride somewhere.
The pain hasn't been horrible, but I've been numb and weak, and horribly nauseous. We had some t-storms come thru this morning, had a big drop in temp today, and tomorrow is supposed to jump back up to outrageously hot. What's even better is after 2 days of that the temp is supposed to plummet about 30 degrees. All my favorite triggers rolled into one.
My husband wants to take the kids to the beach tomorrow....not so sure I will be participating, although I know that sucks for them. I think spending too much time in the extreme heat will do me in. I had a rough enough time at the softball tourney last weekend, and it wasn't even as bad as its supposed to be tomorrow. Thank goodness the tourney next weekend is supposed to be more on the low end of normal temps for this time of year, low 70's. And there are a couple of gazebo/pavillion areas where I can hide in the shade but still see the game.
I talk about moving to the desert, to avoid the weather changes, I'm fairly certain my issues with the heat are more the combo with the humidity...but who knows.
I would like to say once the kids are grown I will head for the desert, but the little one isn't even in kindergarten yet, so that is a long time to look forward to.
Hopefully whatever this is that has me dragging more than usual will break on its own soon, without an ER trip. Often when I'm stuck in silent migraine for days it ends in 3 days of my worst pain level, broken only by iv meds and fluids. (Probably exacerbates things that don't manage to eat or drink much when I'm.like this...yet another trigger.

Well back to bed I go...time to see if I can make it a straight 48 hrs I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment